The new version of Google Map Shortcode is ready, some bugs were fixed and new features included.
The first release was based on “address”, then to include a point on the maps new instance of google geocoder was need, but google limits the number of this kind of request, read more here.
In this version new custom field “google-map-sc-latlng” was included to save the (Latitude,Longitude) for each address entered:
- If you use “google-map-sc-address”, the first time that you display a point, the “google-map-sc-latlng” value will be generated automatically.
- In order to use “google-map-sc-latlng” you need to include the latitude and longitude separated by comma.
- If you update “google-map-sc-address” you must delete the “google-map-sc-latlng” cause this point will be located based on the previews address.
- You can use “google-map-sc-latlng” only.
- If you are planning to display large number of point is better to use “google-map-sc-latlng” or generate them one by one to avoid large number of address requests at the same time. You can generate latitude and longitude using for instance: http://www.batchgeocode.com/lookup/
- You can attache more than one point per post/page but based on address or (latitude,longitude) see the example bellow.
- If you are displaying all the points under specific category, just the first costum field of each post will be used.
The shortcode options can be found in the first release.
This example shows the points attached to the posts under the category 42 cat=”42″ and display the links to the points at the bottom of the map, external_links=”true”.
In this example the map displays some points on South Florida:
and the custom fields looks like this:
Using the post “id” id = “335”.
Using specific address option in the sortcode (not the custom field) address=”3501 S.W. 130th Ave., Davie 33330″,width=”250″, height=”250″ and zoom=”8″.
The Info Window is showed when you are displaying post on your maps for example the posts under a category or when you use the post ID, just in these cases make sense to display the the title, thumbnail and excerpt of your posts.
You can change the html and the css of the Info Windows to cutomize it.
The shortcode name is google-map-sc
Add your suggestions, support the plugin.