This is a new release of the Accordion Image Menu Worpress plugin. The plugin allows to use the feature images or the images uploaded to the posts and pages galleries as background for the menu items.
- Allows to combine pages and categories and apply order to them
- Can be integrated with the wordpress > 3.0 menus interface
- The plugin uses the medium size image attached to post and pages
- The menu uses the top image from the posts/pages gallery
- You can use it to list recent posts
- Multiple transition effects included (Elastic, Bounce, Sine, Pow, Quart, Back, Circ)
- You can include ‘the title’ of the target pages
- Allows to include multiple menus on your blog
- The menu can be based on posts/pages ids
- Compatible with: Chrome, Safari, Firefox and IE 7, 8, 9
As the plugin is based on WordPress Shortcodes you can include some attributes in order to customize the menu and overwrite the Default Settings saved in the Plugin Option Page.
Here you have the Shortcode attributes list:
position = 'vertical' Orientation of the menu (vertical/horizontal)
type = post' Type of menu list (post, page, menu)
cat = ' ' List post under this categories if type = post
number = 5 Number of post
name ='' Name of wordpress menu (under Appearance)
effect = 'swing' Animation effect based on:jQuery UI Effects
closed_d = 100 Items dimension when the menu is not activated
opened_d = 200 Items dimension when mouseopen
width = '' Width of the menu if it's vertical
height = '' Height of the menu if it's horizontal
duration = 300 Transition timing
border = 1 Border between items
border_color = '#000000' Border color
open = '' Item opened by default (0,1,2,3...randomly)
id = '' Post or Pages Ids separated by comma
Using the shortcode with these attributes: position, height, open
[a_image_menu position="horizontal" height="200" open=0]
<?php echo do_shortcode('[a_image_menu position="horizontal" height="200" open=0]') ?>
Using the shortcode with these attributes: position, id, open, effect, closed_d, border
[a_image_menu position="vertical" id="479,333,303,135,118,428,328" open="randomly" effect="easeOutBack" closed_d=80 border=3]
<?php echo do_shortcode('[a_image_menu position="vertical" id="479,333,303,135,118,428,328" open="randomly" effect="easeOutBack" closed_d=80 border=3]') ?>
Frequently Asked Questions
1- Which images uses the menu?
– The menu use the last image uploaded to the post/page gallery but you can move to the top the image that you want to use.
2- How to insert the Accordion Image Menu?
– The plugin includes a Widget that can be added to your sidebars.
– The shortcode can be used into the content of your posts or pages using:
or in your theme files using php code:
<?php echo do_shortcode('[a_image_menu]'); ?>
3- How many accordion can be used in a single page?
There is not teorical limits
4- The menu allows extenal links and custom images?
No yet, the menu allows to includes pages and post from your blog. If you use WordPress Menus it has to be based on pages, post and categories.
Your are invited to include your comments and suggestions in the comment box and your support for future improvements by clicking on the donate button.