This plugin is a friendly integration of Google Map into your blogs.
The plugin is based on WordPress shortcodes, so it can be used like a tag into your content and allows multiples parameters to customize the map and markers behavior. The editor button allows to add the shortcode attributes easily.
On the Google Map editor panel you can add points to the maps, change the map configuration and look how the map will looks like with a “Preview Map” button.
Once you add new point it is attached to the post and you can deploy it on any map in your blog using the “id” or “cat” attributes in the .
The plugin also allows to customize the “Info Window” editing the html and using some parameters like: Title, Description, Thumbnail, Link, etc.
If you want to focus a specific point in your maps the “focus” attribute should be used. You can use the point number or focus = “all” to rotate all the points. The focus feature can be based on “center the marker” or “open the marker” . For more details visit the Shortcode reference section.
The Google Map Shortcode editor panel allows to set and insert the shortcode into your code, but it can be added manually using:
Shortcode for the content of posts and pages [google-map-sc option = "option value"] PHP code for theme files <?php echo do_shortcode ('[google-map-sc option = "option value"]') ?>
To see the list of the shortcode options visite the Google Map Shortcode Reference page.
For more details you can visite the how to use section.
The plugin allows to add points and maps easily including titles, images, descriptions and animations; but if you want to extend the functionality and interaction of your maps, some modules are available. They can include slideshows, custom scrolls and more. Visit the modules page for more details.
- Simple example using width, height, align, margin, zoom and type.
- Advance example using focus, focus_type, interval and zoom.
- Advance example using focus, focus_type and animation.
- Using Addresses in different languages and animation.
- Map types added.
- Marker animation option added.
- Focus option added.
- Maps marging and aligment added.
- More Map languages included.
- Performance improved.
- Preview map added on the map editor panel.
- Google Map Shortcode tab added to the media editor window.
- Upload Image button added.
- Cleaning string before saving points fixed.
- Other bugs fixed.
- Allows selecting single point icon, title and description.
- Html filters added.
- Just one custom field by post to include all the points.
- Icon selection improved.
- Geocoding API request changed.
- Html width parameter included.
- Custom marker added.
- Editor button added.
- Ready for translation.
- Maps in different languages allowed.
- Loops related bugs fixed.
- More than 10 points allows per page fixed.
- New custom field included in order to cache the Latitude and Longitude and avoid extra Google Geocoder requests.
- More than one point per post fixed.
- Initial release.